In The News
► NUPGE-CLC conflict News/Analysis/Events ◄
- January 14, 2011: BCGEU and NUPGE continue membership in the CLC
Following a weekend of discussions, agreement has been reached where NUPGE, of which the BCGEU is a member, will continue to participate in the CLC.
- December 9, 2010: Petition: OPSEU Executive Board immediately call on NUPGE to resume work within the CLC
- December 8, 2010: Letter to Ken Georgetti, James Clancy
I am writing to you seeking clarification on an issue raised in your letter to me of November 23, 2010 and in subsequent telephone conversations. It is my understanding that during the November 22, 2010 meeting of the Heads of Unions on Executive Committee that some proposal to address the issue of raiding started to take shape.
- December 7, 2010: The Labour Movement is OPSEU's Home, Gary Shaul
An open letter to all OPSEU members from Gary Shaul on the NUPGE - Canadian Labour Congress feud.
- December 7, 2010: Why NUPGE is at odds with the Canadian Labour Congress, James Clancy
- December 5, 2010: National dispute over unions 'raiding' sparks BC Fed convention split
- December 4, 2010: NUPGE-CLC rift shows House of Labour is a house divided, David Climenhaga
One fissure has grown so deep it could quickly have serious financial consequences for such national labour central organizations as the Canadian Labour Congress and the provincial federations of labour, known among trade unionists as 'the House of Labour.'
- December 2, 2010: Ken Georgetti's Letter to James Clancy
- December 1, 2010: Special Report to the Canadian Labour Congress Executive Council on NUPGE withdrawal from the CLC
- November 25, 2010: NUPGE Suspends Participation of the CLC
NUPGE has unanimously decided to suspend its participation in the activities of the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC), the national labour central for unions in Canada.