Tar Sands Come to Ontario - No Line 9!
Resistance, Solutions and Solidarity
Toronto — 17 November 2012.
What is Line 9? Enbridge's Line 9 pipeline could be pumping corrosive and toxic tar sands across Ontario soon. Line 9 cuts through Toronto, north of Finch. Tar sands in Line 9 would menace natural environments, violate Native land rights, and threaten our communities across the province. And exploitation of Canada's tar sands escalates climate change, posing a deadly threat to all the world's peoples.
- Wes Elliott, Haudenosaunee land defender
- Vanessa Gray, Aamjiwnaang youth organizer
- Aaron Detlor, Haudenosaunee (Six Nations) Development Institute
- Art Sterritt, Executive Director of Coastal First Nations
- Maude Barlow, Chairperson of the Council of Canadians
Report by Sheridan Voice at www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTO6Zfk9fto.
Report by John Riddell at “Toronto conference lays basis for tar sands pipeline challenge.”
Part of the OPIRG Rebuilding Bridges conference a joint effort by both OPIRG York and OPIRG Toronto rebuildingbridgesto.wordpress.com.